New grounds dating
During the party rallies, deployments of the SA and the SS with up to 150,000 people took place in this area.
The central "relic" here was the "Blutfahne" (Blood flag), which was allegedly carried by the Beer Hall Putsch rebels and was soaked with the blood of one of them.
The building is mostly built out of clinker with a facade of granite panels.
The design (especially the outer facade, among other features) is inspired by the Colosseum in Rome.
The Party Congresses (Reichsparteitage) were a self-portrayal of the NS-state and had no programmatic task, simply demonstrating the unity of the nation.The granite staircase leading to the building remains intact today.The Congress Hall (Kongresshalle) is the biggest preserved national socialist monumental building and is landmarked.During the Weimar Republic (1919–1933) the "Ehrenhalle" (Hall of Honour) was built in the park.
In 1933 Hitler replaced the park with a strictly-structured deployment area, the so-called "Luitpoldarena" with an area of 84,000 m².
Since 2001, the Dokumentationszentrum Reichsparteitagsgelände (Documentation Center Nazi Party Rally Grounds), with the permanent exhibition Faszination und Gewalt (Fascination and Terror), has been located in the northern wing.